- Electronics engineer with Kretztechnik Medical Ultrasound (now GE Medical, Austria). Developent of digital scan conversion and image storage systems for real-time ultrasound diagnostics.
- Research Associate at Honeywell Systems and Research Center, Minneapolis, MN (Dept. of Signal and Image Processing / Machine Vision Technology). Participated in a DARPA project on visual navigation of the Autonomous Land Vehicle (ALV).
- University assistant at Johannes Kepler University (Austria)
- Visiting researcher at the University of California at Riverside (USA)
- Director of studies for the Digital
Media degree programs at the Fachhochschule
Hagenberg (University of Applied Sciences Upper
- Dean, School of Informatics, Communications and Media (Hagenberg)
- Fulbright Study-Abroad Grant for graduate study at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City (1985).
- First Prize in the Utah VLSI Design Contest, University of Utah, for designing a “Virtual Shuffle Dynamic RAM Controller” (1986).
- “Alpha Team Award for Excellence”, Honeywell System and Research Center, Minneapolis, Signal and Image Processing Group (Dec. 1987).
- Best Paper Award from the Austrian Pattern Recognition Assoc. (1991).
- Member of IEEE
- Member of the Governing Board (and past president) of the Austrian Association for Pattern Recognition (AAPR/OAGM)
- Reviewer for several journals in the field, including
IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence
IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation
International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR)
Workshops of AAPR/ÖAGM und DAG